Tuesday, February 1, 2011

sad love poems,short sad love poems,sad love poem,sad love poems that make you cry,sad love poems for him,love poems for him,sad love poems for a girl,love poems,sad teenage love poems,lost love poems,sad emo love poems,sad poems on love,short love poems,sad love poems that will make you cry,famous sad love poems,love poems for a girl

  Sad Love Poem ~ Sad Love Poem
by Alfred Tennyson

 
Sad Love Poem
I hold it true, whatever befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Sad Love Poem ~ Cry A River
by Patricia Harris


Cry A River

If a broken heart could cry a river
To float my boat upon
I would cry all night my love
and in the morning be gone
to travel far away from here
where no one knows I cried
because you told me you don't love me
and a part of me has died
If I could sail my boat upon that salty sea
and leave behind this hurt I feel
I'd take the chance and flee
but no...I'd love you still
If a broken heart could cry a river
to float my boat upon
I would cry all night my love
and in the morning be gone
If I could sail my boat upon that salty sea
would you change your mind and go with me
come sail on my salty sea...
come sail away with me...

Sad Love Poem ~ Time Does Not Bring Relief
by Edna St Vincent Millay


Time does not bring relief

Time does not bring relief; you all have lied
Who told me time would ease me of my pain!
I miss him in the weeping of the rain;
I want him at the shrinking of the tide;
The old snows melt from every mountain-side,
And last year's leaves are smoke in every lane;
But last year's bitter loving must remain
Heaped on my heart, and my old thoughts abide.
There are a hundred places where I fear
To go - so with his memory they brim.
And entering with relief some quiet place
Where never fell his foot or shone his face
I say, 'There is no memory of him here!'
And so stand stricken, so remembering him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts